Box Hill Archery Club was formed on 14th October 1948 at a meeting in the Auxiliary Room of Box Hill Town Hall and began operating at Memorial Park in Station Street, North Box Hill. Thanks to a select few long-term members, we are still in possession of the inaugural minutes.
In 1953, the name was changed to Box Hill City Archers (as it is today) and the Constitution drawn up with the objective: “To encourage the practice of Archery as a Pastime, Recreation and Sport.”
In 1957, the Club moved to larger grounds in Glengarry Avenue Reserve, Box Hill South. (Beside Gardiner’s Creek at the rear of the present Deakin University.)
In June 1965, the Club relocated once more to grounds off Station Street, adjacent to Koonung Creek, Box Hill North where we remained until May 1989.
To make way for the Eastern Freeway, we moved to Sparks Reserve North, where we are currently located.